Join our board of directors
Théâtre Catapulte is looking for an administrator to fill vacancies on our board of directors. Become involved in a dynamic organization!
Make a donation to support our tours
Since 1998, over 172,000 spectators outside of Ottawa have delighted in one of Théâtre Catapulte’s many shows, as they toured from coast to coast in over 160 cities across 9 provinces. Théâtre Catapulte is an ambassador of Ottawa-born theatre arts. Year after year it has promoted our francophone artists travelling throughout the country.
Discover the extent of our touring
Explore our touring history!
To give = sharing the experience of theatre
Next season, Théâtre Catapulte will be touring with three productions: Avant l’archipel, Princesse de personne and La plus grosse poutine du monde. On average, the company reaches 10,000 teenagers and adults throughout Canada on a yearly basis.
Support local artists by letting them shine throughout the country – and give a gift of wonder and reflection, and a love of theatre to our Canadian spectators.
Because Théâtre Catapulte is a charitable organisation, you will receive a receipt for your donation.
How to give?
- Online donation: Click here to give what you can! – no donation is too small! Canadahelps.org is a secured transaction site used by many charitable organisations across Canada. You will receive your donation receipt immediately.
- Donate by cheque to the order of Théâtre Catapulte. Mail it to 269 Montfort St, Vanier (Ottawa), ON, K1L 5P1
Théâtre Catapulte’s tours aim to:
- Contribute to the development of young theatregoers by offering them works that invite them to reflect on different world points of view;
- Develop regional audiences where professional Francophone theatre is scarce;
- Showcase the Ottawa region’s talented artists throughout French-speaking Canada;
- Present audiences with works combining the passion of the theatre’s new generation, with the experience of more established artists;
- Offer teenagers the chance to witness professional Francophone theatre that was conceived and created for them.
One year of touring at Théâtre Catapulte involves an average of:
- 110 days of rehearsals and preparatory work;
- 3 performers, 1 stage manager and 1 technician;
- 60 days on the road;
- 18,320 kilometers travelled;
- 30 performances;
- 10,000 audience members.
A professional theatre tour is an adventure that requires considerable funds. Your help is necessary in order to allow these productions to travel as widely as possible.
For all questions, please contact Martin Cadieux: (613) 562-0851 extension 222, email@example.com.